Is this a CJ prize?

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
edteach

Is this a CJ prize?

Post by edteach »

If so what era is it from?
Attachments
!B98VdYgBmk~$(KGrHqN,!mEEy+jC1qTKBM7PtHo+cg~~0_3.jpg
!B98VdYgBmk~$(KGrHqN,!mEEy+jC1qTKBM7PtHo+cg~~0_3.jpg (10.89 KiB) Viewed 18126 times
DOGON
edteach

Re: Is this a CJ prize?

Post by edteach »

Is this a CJ prize? I have been looking for the ADT but dont know if this is it.
Attachments
IMG_9658.jpg
IMG_9658.jpg (18.84 KiB) Viewed 18125 times
DOGON
gsullivan

Post by gsullivan »

edteach wrote:If so what era is it from?
No the figure is not a CJ prize.
gsullivan

Post by gsullivan »

edteach wrote:Is this a CJ prize? I have been looking for the ADT but dont know if this is it.

Yes the white snap-together prize is the ADT you have been seeking and is the CJ prize in one of the colors it comes in. The snap-together prizes were distributed in the 1960's. This one is already assembled so it can be readily played with. When they came in the prize envelopes originally they were unassembled. Good Find!
edteach

Post by edteach »

Thanks, I though it looked exactly like the one in Larrys book. I have been to the top of the ADT and in the museum insdie. I love hisotry and the CJ history goes to when I was a kid. I won the auction it cost me 20 for the ADT and the school snap togeather. A bit more than I wanted to pay but its a hard one to find.
Attachments
!CFP3,L!CGk~$(KGrHqN,!i0E1NUp0BpVBNUdtwnc+w~~0_3.jpg
!CFP3,L!CGk~$(KGrHqN,!i0E1NUp0BpVBNUdtwnc+w~~0_3.jpg (134.25 KiB) Viewed 18122 times
DOGON
gsullivan

Post by gsullivan »

How nice you were able to acquire the ADT given that it holds special meaning for you having actually visited it. I think that is one of the things that attracts us all to collecting Cracker Jack - the prizes that bring back memories from our childhood or special memories!
Jeffrey Maxwell

Post by Jeffrey Maxwell »

This is a vintage plastic Tiki necklace made in Hong Kong. It was a cheaply made novelty available individually in a clear plastic bag with a header card. They are 2" long by 1-1/8" wide and come in red, blue, orange, and brown. A lot of this Hong Kong stuff came in from the 1960s through the 1980s, so it is probably from that time -- sorry I couldn't narrow down the time frame more for you. It is not Cracker Jack.
Anonymous2017

Post by Anonymous2017 »

The Tiki God actually was seen in the Cracker Jack warehouse in Columbus, Ohio when the sale of property was completed. Seems like many items are not in a certain books and then they are deemed not CJ.

There were TONS of items bought to go into CJ boxes. It was non-stop and often when there was a shortage or a delay, other items the same size were brought into the production line.

Just my thought on the whole process.
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

I have a few of those and another one that is a horse head on a lanyard. They are way too big to have fit into a prize sleeve; I think it is from one of the newer machines that look like gumball machines, but hold larger toy items and no gum.