Happy Halloween

Cracker Jack toys and the holidays (Open to All)
dianep2

Re: Happy Halloween

Post by dianep2 »

:{} :{} :{} :{} :{} :{} :{} :{} :{} :{} :{} :{} :{} :{} :{} :{} :{} :{} :{} :{} :{} :{}
Well, this little pumpkin is feeling very disappointed in my trick or treat Cracker Jack find. Gary Heald mentions he found the boxes of 18 bags for $5.60 at his local Walmart. Here in Petoskey, MI the boxes were $5.98 per box at our local Walmart. Of course, I wanted to find the whole set of Halloween stickers in one trip to Walmart, so I purchased 3 boxes of 18 bags each, which gave me 54 chances to obtain a whole set of 12, assuming that is how many stickers are in the set. I eagerly opened the 18 bags in the first box and found only 4 different stickers in that case. Equally disappointing, but not surprising, is the fact that the four stickers I found are exactly the same as last year's Halloween stickers, except for the date, of course. But, I began opening the next two boxes of bags with renewed gusto because I was sure they would contain a different bunch of stickers. WRONG! All 54 bags contained the same 4 stickers. The 54 stickers I have found are: witch's cauldron, skeleton, spider web, and cats in cemetery. If anyone reading this has other 2017 Halloween stickers for sale or trade, please contact me. I am assuming there are 12 stickers in the set, as in the past. Happy hunting to all of you! :{}
Luke

Post by Luke »

Thanks Cyndy (& Gary Heald) for letting us know about the Halloween Cracker Jack!

Di, sorry to hear that you got the "trick" in trick or treat. When it comes to prizes, you have to remember the prizes come on a massive roll. The roll has only 4 prizes, so everything produced until that roll runs out will be a repeat of those same 4 prizes. I always try to buy them with different manufacture dates on them, to help avoid getting so many duplicates.

Di, as I recall, you had issues the last time Cracker Jack had Halloween prizes. You were in Hawaii, and had no luck finding them there, and even had trouble when you got back to Michigan.

On a side note, it appears Photobucket no longer shows the images on this forum, that I keep there. Looks like I have a bit of work ahead of me getting them to show up again.
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Luke, thank you for your very wise advice. I believe you gave me the same suggestions a year ago. Maybe by next year I shall have learned to follow your lead.

Good luck with your photo bucket.

D.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Diane, The Walmart closet to my house didn't have any, but if I do find some, I'll send the extras your way!
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

Scoured the local Wal-Mart and came up empty--no Halloween CJ!
!