Will You Be My Valentine?

Cracker Jack toys and the holidays (Open to All)
dianep2

Re: Will You Be My Valentine?

Post by dianep2 »

Oh thanks, Gail. One of my New Year's resolutions was to become a more literate CJ forum participator. :|d I'm thinking I may stop right there. Forget the resolutions about lowering my cholesterol (That's no fun.), doing the New York Times crossword puzzle every Sunday(Much too difficult for me.) and cleaning my basement (Yuck!).

Happy weekend, everyone. :D

D.
larrydw

Post by larrydw »

Hello Everyone,
Enjoy all the Valentine's inputs and even Groundhog Day. Our groundhog did not come out of his hole as it is under 18" of snow.
Another factoid of useless information is that Cracker Jack had various candies as prizes some of which included Tootsie Rolls (the miniatures) and NECCO Valentine hearts. NECCO (New England Candy Company) still makes them, but I came across some possible CJ prize ones. They were in a paper 2-part wrapper. I had to remove them as little critters (CJ mice) had gotten to some of them. You cannot decipher the slogans for the 4 I have left, so I leave it up to your imagination.

How about "Be My CJ"

dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

OK, if we're talkin' Valentines Day then how about an unopened box of 45 Cracker Jack Valentines. I am feeling weak. I want so much to open the box and look through the cards. I also want to see the toy surprise inside the box. The heart shape on the front of the box is clear cellophane. So, I can peek in and see bits and pieces of the cards. But no amount of gentle shaking has brought the prize into view.
smallCJ Vals 002.jpg
smallCJ Vals 002.jpg (82.23 KiB) Viewed 21459 times
small CJ Vals 001.jpg
small CJ Vals 001.jpg (62.49 KiB) Viewed 21458 times
I do have a couple questions about these cards. Does anyone know what year or years these cards were produced and sold? I know it was during Borden's reign but the exact year is not printed on the box. And what was the "Toy Surprise Inside Each Box?" I shall wait with bated breath for replies to my questions. But I hope I shall not have to wait too long because I'm not sure how long I can bate my breath. %|

gsullivan

Post by gsullivan »

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Larry, I think one of the hearts said "CJCAer"

Sorry can't help any more with the Valentines Diane.

Thanks for sharing everyone and have a great V day! Gail %)h
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Yes, my best wishes for Valentine's Day, as well. Larry, are you going to celebrate by eating your four little candy hearts? Yum! They should be well aged by now. I think one of them says, "My heart Belongs to CJCA." Too long maybe?
Luke

Post by Luke »

I don't know about eating them, but I was wondering if Larry would taste those yummy treats, and share his thoughts about them with us. %|
larrydw

Post by larrydw »

Now why in the world would I want to eat my prize and lose it (along with my lunch) forever????????
Luke

Post by Luke »

For all the ladies, here are some Cracker Jack flowers for Valentine's Day!
Happy Valentine's Day!