Cracker Jack Christmas

Cracker Jack toys and the holidays (Open to All)
Luke

Cracker Jack Christmas

Post by Luke »

Christmas is almost here. Feel free to share any Christmas themed Cracker Jack item.

The Indianapolis Sunday Star Magazine called Carey Cloud "The Year Round Santa Claus". So to start this thread off, here is Carey Cloud's Good Luck Elf, with a festive Christmas hat (Photoshop).

larrydw

Re: Cracker Jack Christmas

Post by larrydw »

Hey Luke,
That looks like the Grinch that stole Christmas! Here are a couple of my buddies:

gsullivan

Post by gsullivan »

Borrowing from the Spooktacular CJ topic, here's a little Christmas history for us all from the pictured "Days We Celebrate" Cracker Jack encyclopedias. The encyclopedia on the left (with the white background and 4 panels of images) is the original Volume No. 2 from the 1960's. The one on the right (with the yellow background) is Series #28 - 16 of 21. Series #28 includes remakes of most of the 1960's encyclopedias. The only difference between the 2 Christmas sections in the encyclopedias is that the Series #28 one does not have the full-page illustration of the nativity scene. It does have the Santa illustration. The 1960's versions of the encyclopedias each have 16 pages while the Series #28 ones have 8 pages. In addition to not including the full-page illustrations, the Series #28 version does not include St. Patrick's Day, Easter, April Fools Day, May Day, and Flag Day. Those Days are included in the 1960's version. The 1960's encyclopedia is glued on left while the Series #28 version is glued at the top.
Attachments
Days We Celebrate Covers.jpg
Days We Celebrate Covers.jpg (31.91 KiB) Viewed 25455 times
Days We Celebrate1.jpg
Days We Celebrate1.jpg (51.85 KiB) Viewed 25456 times
Days We Celebrate2.jpg
Days We Celebrate2.jpg (56.74 KiB) Viewed 25452 times
Luke

Post by Luke »

The elf does look a bit like the Grinch. :)

I wanted to post a picture of a Nosco Cracker Jack prize, but I can't find it. It's the Covered Wagon, and tree. I was going to PhotoShop a few lights to the tree. I bet ol' Saint Nick used a wagon just like that, to deliver presents to good little cowboys & cowgirls, in the old west.
larrydw

Post by larrydw »

Ho, Ho Ho,
Circle the wagons!

Luke

Post by Luke »

It's a Cowboy Christmas!
The tree is decorated, and Santa's wagon is full of presents to deliver to good cowboys and cowgirls.
dianep2

Post by dianep2 »

Oh Luke, what a beautiful Christmas tree behind your covered wagon. Those pioneers headed west so many years ago, had it nicer than I thought they did. ;)
gsullivan

Post by gsullivan »

Howdy Luke! The grinch is one of my favorite characters! And I love the pioneer tree. I can just imagine the little dogies, deer, and antelope looking at the strange lights in awe! And how delighted the pioneer children must have been to get their shiny new cap guns and swell cowboy hats with the string from Santa!
gsullivan

Post by gsullivan »

Thought you might enjoy this Comic Poster. It is one of 25 in a set of Comic Posters distributed in Cracker Jack C 1968. These posters came folded in their prize sleeves. Any guesses as to what's in the package? Gail
Attachments
Wanted for Spying Certificate.jpg
Wanted for Spying Certificate.jpg (274.64 KiB) Viewed 25391 times
Luke

Post by Luke »

Gail,

It was December 24th, 1970 or 1971. My brother Clay woke me up, and wanted me to follow him to the living room. He wanted to get a look at all the presents under the tree. So we tipped toed quietly, to get a look at our glorious tree, surrounded with presents. We weren't as quiet as we thought, for we woke the angry ogre. I fled to the kitchen as fast as my tiny feet would take me. I jumped into the pantry. I was scared of the dark, but even more scared of the ogre. I could hear Clay trying to climb in the cupboard with pots and pans, but the ogre was already on him. Moments later the pantry door was yanked open, and I was face to face, with the angry one. We were busted. :o

So feel free to add my name to that list. ;)