Need help to find those moving animals card

The place to ask your Cracker Jack Prize questions. (Open to All)
deemakkinn

Need help to find those moving animals card

Post by deemakkinn »

Hello ! I remember in the midle of 70s the cracker jack prizes was smalls cards of moving animals (3D ?).....
I want to know how many cards they made for the collection and if it is possible to find them.

thanks
Attachments
il_fullxfull_335417816.jpg
il_fullxfull_335417816.jpg (75.45 KiB) Viewed 20957 times
Cyndy Boesch

Re: Need help to find those moving animals card

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

There were 3 of these lenticular wildlife sets produced for use by Lowney's, the Canadian distributor for Cracker Jack. If you look at the backs of your cards, you will find that you have cards from 2 of the sets. One set (the "line on the back set") has 18 cards, another (the " no line on the back" set) also has 18 cards and the last set ("bird on the back" set) has 20 cards. There is yet another wildlife lenticular set of 8 cards that was used in Cracker Jack in the US. I am sure if you are a Cracker Jack Collectors Association member and post a message in the "Wanted" section of the forum, other members will be able to help you find these cards. They do show up on ebay occasionally. Hope this helps you.
deemakkinn

Post by deemakkinn »

Thanks for the information. How you know exactly the number of produced card? Just curius.

thanks Deem
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

Some of these cards were made to go in a little plastic book with a clear plastic sleeve for each card; others were to be affixed to a poster. Both the book and posters are scarce. They only had enough slots for the number of cards in the set. Happy collecting!
deemakkinn

Post by deemakkinn »

Thanks for your advices Cindy. I look on net and cant realy find any association that can help me to find thoses cards. can you give some internet adress that you know to help me.

Thanks
:D :P
Cyndy Boesch

Post by Cyndy Boesch »

So sorry you have not had a reply--I have been gone. You should be able to search for the "Cracker Jack Collectors Association" on the web. If you join the CJCA, you will have access to much more of this forum that is not accessible to non-members. One of those sections is called "Wish List", where members can let other members know of items they are searching for. Hope this helps you.
deemakkinn

Post by deemakkinn »

Thank you to respond :D I will do what you say, hope to find that great collection that remind me my childhood.
Luke

Post by Luke »

I'm not sure if I have any, but I'll dig through my box of misc. prizes this weekend. If I find something, I'll send it your way.
deemakkinn

Post by deemakkinn »

That would be graet ! :D :D :D :D

respond at deemakkinn@hotmail.com

Thank you
deemakkinn

Post by deemakkinn »

Hi again, long time didn't come here...i receive no reply about these 3d cards :(
Don't worry, i find 52 of the 56 cards on ebay :) I reply here today hoping to find the last 4 missing :
Giant Panda
Lion
Polar Bear
Jackal

Hoping you guys can help me

Deemakkinn :mrgreen:
Attachments
WANTED ALL.jpg
WANTED ALL.jpg (90.62 KiB) Viewed 20137 times